Friday, January 28, 2011

body image

I dislike how my body looks. I know that a lot of women get upset with how their bodies stretch and change during pregnancy. I loved the way that my body changed and grew with my baby.
I was willing to give up my body for my babies, but now I feel deflated with stretch marks and I have no baby to show for the battle it went through.
For the first time I dislike my body, not only do I feel like it failed my baby but I dislike it. I hate not liking the way that  I look.
After three months of getting healthy enough to work out. I am starting  to make  peace with my body. I drag my feet all the way to the gym and then on the elliptical with my music blaring I feel proud of how each time I go a little bit harder and a little faster how each time I do a little better.
After each run after I feel a little more like I did before and each run brings me a little closer to liking myself again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
"A person's a person, no matter how small."
~ Dr. Seuss