Sunday, January 16, 2011

Birthday checklist

Today is my birthday and I've spent a lot of time thinking when  I am X age I should have A,B, and C.
So here it is. I'm 25. Here is my check list, the things that I wanted to have at 25 and I have them, although not all of them look like I pictured.

wedding

married (check) I am the luckiest woman ever to have Rob and one of the few good things that came out of losing our baby is our marriage is even more solid that it was, I've read that losing your child can pull apart a marriage and I really feel lucky that losing our baby pulled our closer together.

job (check) although i saw myself doing something more along the lines of architecture than being a nanny

rob and roxy
good friends (check) this is a big one, I'm not the most outgoing and finding a group of friends when you don't party or go to bars in a collage town is hard. My husband and I had a lot of fun at the parent groups we'd join when we where expecting, while  I'm sure we will join again when we get pregnant for now we don't belong. In November I joined a book group and if the get together we had on friday is any indication, we are going to be good, friends. One of the husbands showed up in search for his wife,becuase we where talking so much we didn't relize that five hours had gone by.

Baby( ) I fee like if i get pregnant this year this will still count as a check. I feel like this is a place I've grown so much more as a person than I thought that i would.
 
house(check) An amazing little house in a nice little town.

Identity(check) this one is a little silly I feel like fashion and style wise I'm lost, but I feel like those things are expressions of how you see yourself and I've been lost for a while now. I was having trouble defining  myself outside of school, as a grown up in the world. Then I was pregnant and I loved how my body curved and wore things I'd never thought of wearing before i loved it. post baby my body and I have been discontented for a while, and style wise I could care less but its getting better running a the gym and I'm trying a little harder than I have been in a while may be it is because I'm so much closer to being pregnant again who knows.
happy to just be

happy (check) I am happy and this is the most important one of all.




What ever happens this year will be an adventure and I may not be exactly where I saw myself but I am exactly where I need to be.

1 comment:

  1. Good to see all those check marks! Happy birthday, here's to a wonderful year. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
"A person's a person, no matter how small."
~ Dr. Seuss